The end. I hope you enjoyed reading Mare Internum.
Thank you all so much for your support and readership over the years. This is the first story I have ever completed, start to finish, and doing it with you in real-time has been an experience I wouldn’t trade for anything.
As per tradition, the final Tame Impala song to close out the story. This is the song I listened to in 2014 while imagining the ending to what was then a vague idea of a comic, and now about 6 years later we are here at the end (and another beginning). I still have my backslides here and there but, as Bex said, it’s too late to be perfect. Personally, I’m happy with better.
The holiday sale remains in full force until EOD Monday, Dec 2! Newly listed are the hardcovers (unavailable online after Dec 2) and softcover preorders, as well as MI PDFs for those who fear the transience of content on the internet. Everything except the MI preorder books and MI PDFs are on sale- this includes all MI pins, Meek merch, my other books, tutorial packs books, minicomics and anything else I have for sale at the moment. Thanks to everyone who has ordered so far. I’ll be shipping every other day until about mid-Dec to help get your items to you before the holiday. And, until the end of the year, all MI book preorders will be given access to the full bonus PDF materials once books are shipped in late Jan/ Feb.
Thanks for helping one small artist make a living even though the main thing I make is free, haha. Somehow, thanks to your support, the math works out.
– There are three final “closure” illustrations from the book for Mike, Bex and Levi. Those won’t be posted on the site, but will be going up for Patrons over the next few days with some notes from me (the notes will also be in the bonus PDF). If you’d like a bit more Mare, including tidbits from the upcoming bonus material PDF and a Levi comic, those are all headed down the pipeline at the Patreon.
– The MI comic and website will remain up as long as I can leave it here! I make comics to share and will be sharing this story as long as I’m able. I’ll be making the front post more of a landing page on Monday, to prevent the end from being the first thing visitors see :]
– The site will continue updating here and there. I have a small comic post planned for next year, just to keep things vibing a bit. If you’re not on it already, please feel free to join the Mare Internum Mailing List. I will only be using it to inform the list of updates or store sales from this point forward, or any other interesting MI-related news. I anticipate no more than 2-3 uses of the list per year, so no worries about me spamming you.
– Starting on Jan 1 I will be back to updating my other science-fantasy webcomic, The Meek, regularly. I haven’t had a single updating webcomic for nearly 5 years now so it will very be nice to focus on just one public project for a while.
– I am currently working on several non-public projects including: more (yes, more) science fiction, some books for other publishers, some personal project books, etc. To keep in touch about developments with those, you can join the mailing list for The Meek, my anthology Alloy (Alloy will be open for submissions again early next year if you’d like to have me as your editor), or Shingworks in general. I’m also very active on the Patreon Discord and on Patreon in general, where a lot of my development will be posted for future projects in progress.
– For something more immediate to fill the void with, please take a look at the links section on the site for more great sci-fi and weird webcomics. I still maintain a fairly curated list so maybe you’ll find a story to fit your tastes~
– If you’re going to any conventions in the future, maybe I’ll see you! I am also happy to sign books that you’ve bought online at conventions if you bring it by the table. At the moment I am confirmed for C2E2 (under Shingworks), ECCC (again as Shingworks) and SDCC (under my publisher name, Ascend Comics). I’ll be trying for SPX as well though that’s always a crapshoot. If you’d like me to go to a convention near you, the foolproof way is to get me invited as a guest by requesting it from your local con organizers! Otherwise I’ll be sticking to the ones that are most financially viable for me, and hope to see some of you there~
– I’m mostly online publicly at Twitter, and more personally at Patreon and the Patreon Discord. You can also check out my site (soon to be updated) for more links and general info.
And as always, I am just one little individual with a limited reach. The vast bulk of my advertising, I’d say about 98% of it, is done via word of mouth. If you enjoyed the comic and would like to support more work like this in the future, please feel free to share it with your friends.
See you in Jan at The Meek, at conventions, and online~